You may remember the recent Facebook update that added two rather controversial app shortcuts on users' devices, with icons that had to be revised because they looked a little too similar to a couple of Android's stock icons.
If you found the added shortcuts to be redundant, confusing, or just plain useless, you're in luck - with the app's latest update, the shortcuts have been totally removed.
What's in this version:
- Improved performance and various bug fixes
- More messaging features like creating group messages and adding friends to existing group conversations
- Shortcuts to share photos and messages right from your home screen
- 1.9.1: This version also includes updated shortcut icons and additional bug fixes based on user feedback.
- 1.9.2 includes additional bug fixes and removes the camera and messaging shortcuts.
It's not exactly clear why Facebook so quickly yanked the shortcuts from the app, but rumblings from the user community about the – in many cases – unwanted installation of extra apps may have something to do with the decision.
If you haven't already, just click the link below and grab the update.